7 Tips To Host The Best Wine Tasting Party
People are always curious to know and taste the new varieties and types of wines, but not everyone gets easy access to the new wines. One way to enjoy the different types of wines is organising a wine tasting party. It is an entertaining occasion to celebrate and taste wines in the company of your near and dear ones. With the following tips, it will be easy for you to host one such party.
- Get ready with a theme, it is an important part of the party. You can choose any of the following options:
- 1. You can either sample different wines from one region,
- 2. Taste varietals from different parts of the world
- 3. Do a horizontal tasting. Gather the wines according to the guests you will invite, with the correct price range etc.
- Besides the wine tasting, you should also look after the food situation as it is a great accompaniment for the wines. You must know beforehand which wines will taste much better with which food items.
- Getting the correct glasses for the wines is also important. Different wines need different capacity and the stem of the glass and transparency is also important.
- The next step is to collect other supplies for the party. They include extra corkscrews, wine openers, spittoons, ice buckets, white tablecloths or napkins to see the wine colours clearly, a tasting grid to help your guests to identify the flavours of the wines, and a decanter or aerator.
- It is also important to pick an ideal time to host the party, mostly white wines are tasted in the summer and red wines are tasted in winter. For the time of the day, best would be 4 pm or even 9 pm after having dinner.
- Now it is time to give invites to your guests. While the ideal number should be between 6 and 12, it really depends on your budget and the size of the location where the party will be held.
- Put your plan into action. Arrange everything on the table. Get complete knowledge of the wines that will be tasted. As your guests taste the wines, give them time to take notes, if any.
Besides the above, play music suiting the occasion and you can also add any fun game related to the wines to make the occasion more lively.
| Beerbuck Team
Copyright © 2016 BeerBuck Cafe. All Rights Reserved.